We are looking for a motivated and experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to help shape the future of Metigy and its vision in marketing technology. Working alongside multiple squads, you will support and empower Metigy to drive changes through proactive, holistic, and data-driven decision making. You will enjoy working with one of the most unique data sets in Australia.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have prior experience in delivering actionable data-driven recommendations.
You will be fascinated by the opportunity and capabilities represented by cloud providers like Amazon, Microsoft and Google, and how they could be harnessed to bring greater intelligence to Metigy and its product range. You are a proactive, creative and naturally curious problem solver, with a strong desire for continuous learning. You enjoy deep diving into diverse technologies and possess strong commercial acumen.
Who we are:
Metigy is the world’s leading AI powered digital marketing solution for SMEs.
Poor digital marketing is one of the top two reasons why 50% of SMEs will fail within the first two years. The marketing world is powered by the availability of expertise and a vast amount of data – it can be a minefield of fractured infrastructure and tools promising to help brands execute. For smaller companies, that prospect of navigating the marketing ecosystem is all the more daunting, thanks to less budget, knowledge, time, resources, and skills.
Metigy levels the playing field for small and medium business owners – Metigy makes digital marketing simple, easy and fun and through AI powered decision making and recommendations gives SMEs supercharged access to the type of marketing technology typically reserved for bigger teams with bigger budgets and know-how. Metigy integrates with the leading social media and ad platforms, (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.) and provides intelligent insights, actionable ideas, trending conversations, objective settings, competitor & influence tracking, and automated reporting. This allows marketers and SME’s to focus on creating and implementing effective marketing campaigns that really work. Metigy uses AI to power brand strategy and interactive learning so marketers can market like a master and reach their goals.
This is an exciting time to join Metigy as we are growing quickly and laying the foundations of something special. We have offices in Sydney Australia, Denver USA and Singapore and are scaling globally. There are lots of opportunities for you to have an influence and impact on our business from day one. At Metigy we aim to have a positive impact on the day to day work of our people, customers and environment.
Why work for us?
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to an award winning Australian scaleup taking on the world
- Modern tech stack in a cloud-native AWS environment
- An enjoyable, fun and collaborative work environment
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Supercharge your skills and experience – everyone owns the strategy and roadmap and is empowered to do great things.
- A totally flexible workplace – collaborate in our world class (and pet friendly) offices and work remotely the rest of the week
- Options plan for passionate people after a qualifying period
What you’ll do:
- Identify operational and strategic product metrics, and define KPIs
- Build, analyze and optimize dashboards around those metrics and KPIs
- Tag and track events throughout the product journey for insights on user behavior
- Build data sets and models to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automate analysis and authoring pipelines via Power BI Service or Python and SQL
- Design, execute and interpret experiments for variations in our product or against segments
- Work within cross-functional squads to tell stories behind the data
- Contribute to the product roadmap through data-driven recommendations
- Drive BI infrastructure development and advocate data governance with data team
- Prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth and quality
- Present findings, state of metrics, expected outcomes and experiment results to stakeholders
- Serve as the data evangelist within squads, constantly championing for best data and analytics practises, cultivate Power BI
What we’re looking for in you:
Your previous experience should show us that you have:
- 3+ years’ experience working in the Business Intelligence area experience preferable
- Proficient in SQL (and Python or R)
- Some HTML coding experience preferable
- Strong data modeling skills, preferable DAX and M language
- Have exposure to data warehouse e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, Greenplum, Azure
- Curious and lateral thinker, problem solver with can-do attitude, quick learner
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively, and enjoy taking ownership of a project
Effective at translating complex business requirements into effective reporting solutions
It’s okay if you don’t tick all the boxes. We are looking for a human, not a unicorn! If you don’t think you quite meet all of these points, we’d still love to hear from you.
This is a permanent full-time position.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply at the link below with your CV attached. If you’re after more info or would like a confidential chat, give our Talent Acquisition Manager Bec Myers a call on 0421 694 599.